A home purchase or sale can be a daunting task, not to mention it can be one of the largest financial decisions you make in your life. No pressure right? Our goal in building the RamseyTrusted real estate program is to help connect you with professionals who can make this process less stressful for you. So let's talk about how to get started.
As a first-time home buyer, you want to make sure your homeownership is a blessing, not a curse. That being said, you would want to have completed Baby Steps 1-3. Following these steps will set you up for success as you save money for a house and become a new homeowner.
Once you have completed those steps you’re ready to take on your next home-buying steps:
- Determine how much house you can afford (check out our mortgage calculator)
- Save a 10–20% down payment (keep in mind the closing costs which can be about 3-4% of the total home value)
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage loan (check out RamseyTrusted provider Churchill Mortgage)
- Get connected with a top-notch agent who can walk you through this process (this is where our RamseyTrusted real estate ELPs come in)
Our team has also written an article that can help: Tips for First-Time Home Buyers.
If you find yourself ready to sell your home, you’ve come to the right place. You will want to connect with a high-octane real estate agent who knows exactly what to do to get your home sold! Our RamseyTrusted real estate pros have closed on a ton of houses and are here to help!
Once you have selected your agent they will help walk you through the following steps:
- Pricing your home competitively
- Stage your house for buyers
- List your home and do showings
- Pick the best offer
- Negotiate the contract and close
Check out our full-length article, How to Sell a House, for more information.
If you have any additional questions, our Customer Success team is always here to help! You can reach us by completing this request form.